April 29, 2010

Standalone

I've been on the hunt for standalones for the past few days around Jasper. So when I saw these high schoolers skating in a parking lot on the way back from baseball I knew I should stop. I tried to talk myself out of it, but my photo instinct got the better of me and I hung out with them for awhile. I think my first words were, "Hey guys, I'm with the Herald, mind if I shoot some photos, we're looking for features." They were cool to hang with and even let me try out the "rip-stick..." think skateboarding and rollerblading combined.

The photo I posted on my 365 blog is super loose, and poorly composed, but I like the snapshot quality of it over some of these. I worry that after looking at thousands of perfectly composed/tightly cropped images, my eye just aches for something different.




No comments: