May 26, 2009

Bearikee

My last night at home I stayed up late on my computer trying to clear off some hard drive space and organize my files before Alaska. As I finished up and started to walk downstairs, I realized that I wasn't the only one working late. The light was on in my sister's room and I went in to investigate. I found her in her loft busily coloring surrounded by just a few of her legions of animals. I couldn't see what she was working on at first, but I took a few minutes to make some images. When I moved closer, I caught a glimpse of what I thought was a bear that she was coloring, and I wondered if she was making me something. But she didn't try hide it, and I didn't ask. We said our goodnights, and I left the next day.






Fast forward one week. After staff training one night, I hiked up to the Mt. Healy overlook with my coworkers Val and Bill. It was a great night, and we were able to see Denali towering above the landscape some 70 miles away. On the way down, I was digging around in my camera bag and saw something white... it was the card. I thought she may try to hide it in my bags, but when I unpacked everything upon arrival it didn't turn up and I assumed she was making something for someone else. So the surprise was complete and the timing was perfect, as I was surrounded by mountains in the beautiful Alaskan sunset. So thanks Lauren, it made my day. I took the photo below shortly after discovering the secret card.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

That is a picturesque finish to a caring gesture :)