May 16, 2009

Drama

Flying into Chicago I knew it was going to be tight. The flight from Grand Rapids was delayed over an hour giving me just 10 minutes to race across O'Hare to the gate to catch my flight to Anchorage. If I missed it, I would have to wait a full 24 hours before the next flight. Thankfully, I was A: near the front of the plane, and B: my carry-on was on top of the pile. I hit the ground running. I saw my plane still at the gate while dodging travelers, but arrived after the door closed. I was breathing hard and dripping sweat so I must have looked a little desperate.

"Anchorage?" -Them
"Anchorage." -Me
"Open the door! Last name?" -Them
"Blake, Neil Blake." -Me

And I was on my way. Nothing like a little drama to start the trip off.

11

3 comments:

Joshua Kodis Photography said...

maybe you just run to slow

Joanna den Haan said...

:) great mental image. I can't wait to see photos of AK and geese stalking in my bright red raincoat. (I finally commented.. be proud, very proud).

Nicky said...

This better be the first of a bagillion trillion blog posts about Alaska. Can't wait boyface!