June 22, 2009

Cantwell

This is a snap from the Cantwell Bluegrass Music Festival that I went to this weekend. It reminded me of a scene from "Into the Wild" when Alex sings that song... with that girl. Okay, so that was vague, but it was a good time among the same kind of people that Alex tramps with in the movie. I took at handful of photos when I should have taken a thousand. But here is one. These two were just walking slowly by... no particular reason, just walking.

Speaking of "Into the Wild," the movie was filmed in Cantwell. The mountains in the background are the same mountains that are in the film. One of the locals told me that pretty much everyone in town was hired as crew. I guess they had guys with shotguns walking around as "bear protection." The "magic bus" that Chris McCandless died in is about 30 miles from where I live in C-Camp.

1 comment:

Joshua Kodis Photography said...

Nice shot, color contrast is pretty sweet. I never saw the movie "Into the Wild" but the book was pretty cool.