May 23, 2012

The Pearls

I'm glad to finally post this essay I've been chipping away at over the past few months.  I saw a note on the staff calendar left from Nathan Morgan that it could make a neat feature, so I followed up on it.  It started out as a good excuse to practice some underwater photography, but as you can see from the layout it ended up being a little deeper than that.  I want to send out a special thanks to coaches Kathleen Wenz, Becky Barnes, and Jennifer Rey and the entire team for their hospitality and letting me into this portion of their lives for the past few months.

The layout was done by Nick King who put in hours into the design to ensure that the presentation came together right.  This is why I love working for the Daily News.




2 comments:

Nathan Morgan said...

Dude, I love this! Great work by you and Nick both. I love that you went deeper than just a bunch of underwater stuff, although I've gotta say the dominant on A3 is pretty dope. Oh, and thanks for the shout out. Keep it up!

Joshua Kodis Photography said...

Like the way this turned out. Wish I worked for a paper that wasn't behind in the times and would actually run photo stories like this.