September 6, 2009

Together Again

The last time our family backpacked together out to Lake Michigan was 1998. We've been on many trips together since, but not out to the lake. Starting with the log sitters, it's Justin, Mom (Dawn), and Travis while my Dad (Harley) serves Lauren some dinner. Dad insists that "billy cans" are the best backpacking cookware. I agree. And look, you can feed a family of six out of 'em.

It was great to relax with the family again. We all went our separate ways this summer and with school already started for Justin and I we hardly had a chance to catch up. This trip allowed us to do that and just "be there" without the distractions of cellphones and computers.

3 comments:

Dan Stewart said...

I can't imagine going without a day of computers and cell phones. Looks/sounds like you guys had fun though. Glad to see families never get too old to spend a little quality time together.

Anonymous said...

That chicken alfrado pasta was really good! I want some more=)!

Anonymous said...

hey neil could you send me the video of when we left camp?