October 9, 2008

A Plant? Really?


Shooting plants is usually on the very bottom of things I like to shoot. Plants, for one, are cliche. It's like that flower photo on your mom's bathroom wall... it's pretty, but who cares (that's the journalism bias in me)? I took this photo for Art class, and while yes, it's a plant, I think the fact that there is a hand in the photo elevates it some, but I fear that it is still cliche. The bird photo may be more interesting. Look at those raptor like talons.

edit** After looking at the photos again I am drawn more to the plant photo... the way the hand wraps around the soil somehow works for me.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

I like the bird more too. I think it's human nature to think of animals as more human than plants, so we're more connected to them, even in a phtoograph.