September 9, 2010

Sunset Silhouette

sunset01_blog

The sun was setting over the Dubois Quasquicentennial festival and I was looking for one more feature to before heading back to the paper to edit. I saw the shadows that the sun was making through the trees but the woods were empty. I knew that I wanted a photo with people so I set my exposure and waited. And kept waiting, praying that someone would walk through the scene. Finally, a few 10-year-olds came to play in the trees and I shot them for about a few minutes until the sun dipped below the horizon. We published the above photo (which is my favorite from the take) although I like some of the elements in each of the other photos as well.

sunset07_blog
sunset04_blog
sunset08_blog

1 comment:

katie said...

that first shot is absolutely lovely neil. so glad you took a few, or 30, steps back...